FT – 303 MMAJ " PRODUCT AND BRAND MANAGEMENT"
The objective of this course is to acquire the conceptual
understanding of Product and Brand Management and its applications
for corporate growth and development.
The faculty member will award internal marks out of 40 based
on three assessments of 20 marks which best two will be considered.
The end semester examination will be worth 60 marks having
theory and cases/practical problems.
- Introduction to Product Management: Why Product
Management, Relationship between Marketing and Product
Management, Product Management Process. Functions of
Product Manager, Role and Responsibilities of Product
- Product Life Cycle: Concept of PLC, Operationalizing
the aspect of PLC concept, PLC as forecasting model,
PLC as guideline for Marketing Strategy, Extension of
- New Product Development: Characteristics of
Successful Product Development, New Product Development
Process and Organization.
- Brand Management: Concept, decision, elements
and brand portfolio.
- Brand Association: Brand Awareness, identity,
image, personality and loyalty: Managing Brand Equity
through Brand Loyalty, Measuring Brand Equity.
- Branding Strategies: Evaluation of Brands,
Perceived Quality, Brand Positioning and Repositioning
, Brand Extension Decisions.
- Emerging Trends in Product & Brand
- Majumdar, Ramanuj, "Product Management
in India", PHI
- David A. Aaker, Rajeev Batra and Jhon G. Meyer. " Advertising
Management ", New Delhi. PHI
- David A. Aaker "Managing Brand Equity",
New York. Free press.
- Jean Noel Kapfers. "Strategic
Brand Management", New York, Free Press.
- Moorthi, Y.L.R., " Brand Management",
- Kumar Ramesh, S., "Managing Indian Brands"
T.C., Allen, C.T.and Semenik, R.J., Vikas "Advertising
and Integrated Brand Management ". Thomson